Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cake craving fulfilled-Check!


This past weekend, Kevin and I went to Houston for the weekend to see family and do some celebrating. August is a busy month for birthdays in the Boneberg/Scaff families and this was just the start of our birthday celebrations for the week. On Friday we met my parents and brother for some Japanese food after 5 long hours on the road, much of it stuck in traffic and heavy rain. We were very glad to finally arrive and get some food in our bellies.

On Saturday, we all slept in, which was wonderful considering that my pregnant self is starting to feel a bit of a slow down lately and I feel constantly tired. We started a 1000-piece puzzle on the coffee table and all took turns contributing to it although I think Kevin and Sean took the most credit, even though they helped the least ;)

In the afternoon, Kev and I braved the mall parking lot (on tax-free weekend, no less), but not the mall to go reserve his suit for Sean and Jessie's upcoming wedding and ate some lunch at Olive Garden. Can I just say that I've always been a fan, but now that certain foods have become totally unappealing to me, Olive Garden salad is one of the few things I still love to eat. I think I could seriously eat two of those big bowls, all by myself.

In the evening, a bunch of extended family and friends came over to the Scaff casa for some merriment. We were celebrating Kevin's, my dad's, my aunt Nancy, and Aunt Patti's birthdays. It was a fun time with food and cake some good conversation. Sean and Jessie also got to open a few early wedding gifts...they were very excited!


Dad, Patti, Nancy, and Kev waiting to blow out their candles


Sean and Jess opening some wedding gifts.....What a happy couple!



So after a long, full day, we went to sleep and slept in late again on Sunday. Sunday was my last real day of any vacation, since Monday was my official first day of school (sob!) Kevin, Sean and my dad all went to go see a guys movie while Mom, Jessie and I went to Aunt Nancy's for Jessie's bridal shower. The shower was very nice and Jessie seemed super excited about everything (as she should be) and all the great gifts she got. And...more cake...mmmmmm.


Mom and me

Jessie opening presents in her tiara. (I don't know why this is underlined, and I can't figure out how to fix it-Grr!)


Me, Jess, and Mom

After the shower, Kevin picked me up and we zoomed back up to Fort Worth to prepare for our work-week. It was a great time in Houston, and as always, much too short. We will be back in two short weeks though for the impending nuptials. Dum, Dumm, Duh Duh (That's the wedding song....sing along!)

So one last stop to Dallas on Monday evening to celebrate Kevin's birthday with his parents and brother. More. Cake. Yum. We also finally got to pick Greta up from the kennel and Maddy up from the Boneberg's house and our family was back together for the week.


Ahhh... what a long post. We will be celebrating more birthdays this weekend on the Boneberg side. I think I might be done with cake for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment