Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bun in the Oven



You guessed it folks! Sara is with child. This is my sonagram at eight weeks and as of yesterday, I am now 12 weeks along. This summer has been quite interesting to say the least.

So for those of you who have been following this blog, if you read back a few posts, you will now know that I was pregnant for a lot of goings-on this summer. When I went to visit my parents in Houston at the end of June, I didn't know I was already five weeks along. I had a hunch something was up so as soon as I arrived home from Houston, I took a test. Positive! I wrapped the test (with the cap on) in a jewelry box and tied a bow on it. You should have seen Kevin's face when he opened it! He was quite confused at first-I think he thought it was a pen or something. Then the shock set in. We were both in shock for a few days. The day we left for our L.A./cruise vacation, I went to see the doctor who confirmed I was six weeks along at that point. WHAT?? This is crazy. We were going to "try and get pregnant" towards the end of the summer, but it just happened a little quicker than we thought.

The timing of everything has caused some stress, however I am grateful and know it has been a blessing because I can not imagine having to work during my first trimester, because I have been sick as a dog! Also, since I know what seems like a lot of couples who have had or are having a hard time conceiving, I of course, am thankful that that was not the case for us.

So back to the sick-thing. Yeah. Not fun. At this point, I can not imagine anyone ever saying that they "loved being pregnant". I know it is different for every woman, but I have not enjoyed feeling sick and getting sick for the last six weeks. Thankfully it seems to be easing up now that I am entering my second trimester. (knock on wood.)

My official due date is February 19, 2010. This is not a good time of year for me to be having a baby, let's just say that. However, I am going to trust God's timing with this whole thing, knowing that he must have a reason for it. You can't plan everything perfectly, right? The activities going on at school in the spring have caused me some anxiety and I was nervous going up to work yesterday to talk to my supervisor and tell him what was going on. He was very nice and supportive, which made me feel much better. I have to believe that it will All. Work. Out. :)

So there ya go! 12 weeks and counting. I had my 12 week checkup today and heard the heartbeat which was crazy! So weird that this is all happening to me. It's like how I felt on my wedding day. Suddenly it all felt so weird...that I was at my own wedding! Now, I am here...at my own experience with pregnancy. That's the news for now...I will keep you all posted!

1 comment:

  1. Sara!!! Congratulations girlfriend!!! I loved hearing from you on my blog and I wish you the safest and most delightful pregnancy!! Love to you and baby!

    ReplyDelete