Two weeks ago, we went to Houston for the wedding festivities of my brother, Sean and his bride-to-be, Jessie. I took off Friday from work so that we would have plenty of time to take Greta to the kennel and then drive down to Houston. Kevin really wanted to go in to work for a couple of hours, which didn't make me too happy, but it all worked out and we were at the rehearsal on time. Here are some pics from the rehearsal and dinner.

On Saturday, after sleeping in and visiting with the family, Kev and I picked up his suit and then got ready for the wedding. We packed a bag since we were going to be staying a hotel that evening.
The wedding started at 6:00, and was just lovely. I love weddings! They are always so hopeful, and while I didn't shed any tears, I did well up just a little bit. It was really nice to see my little brother find such happiness with Jessie. She has been a part of the family for quite some time, and we are all happy that they are finally married. They had a short ceremony in a nice garden underneath a gazebo, and thankfully, the weather cooperated until we were all safely inside the reception area. After the ceremony, the party began!
They are very lucky to have found each other, and I hope they stay happy forever, and ever. Here is a small sampling...I took over a hundred pictures at their wedding-way too many to post on here...
After the wedding, we went to the hotel, and hung out with my parents for just a few before heading up to the room. It was pretty late, but I decided that a warm bath sounded really good and my feet were killing me from being in heels for hours. I got in the bath for about 3 minutes and Kevin came in saying something about stubbing his toe. I peeked out the tub, and his foot was covered in blood and he was obviously in pain. So up, out of the tub I come, and apparently he stubbed his toe on the sofa in our room so hard that he seperated the nail from the nail bed-ouch! I called the front desk to ask about first aid and they sent up their hotel medics to bandage his foot and give us an ice pack. For a week after that, we got him a surgical shoe to hobble around in and were just trying to keep it clean, while the nail was still partially attached. Well he went to the doctor on Monday and he removed the whole nail, leaving Kevin in excrutiating pain all monday night. We both took off work yesterday after a complete night of no sleep and Kevin not being able to walk around at all. Thankfully today he is doing better. Needless to say, he will certainly never forget my brother's wedding! And me neither, but for different reasons. :)


I'm short next to Sean's friend there. Everyone should note that I'm not as short as I look in that picture. He's just overtall.
ReplyDelete