Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Austin

This past weekend we drove down to Austin to visit my brother and sister-in-law and see their new home. Reese slept the entire drive down there, but then acted like a terror when we went out to dinner later that night. Normally she is pretty easy going, and we take her out all the time, but she just wasn't having it! She was screaming, and refusing the food I was giving her. I know she was just the perfect birth control for Sean and Jessie to not start their family quite yet...

Saturday, we lounged around a bit and then made our way to Round Rock Donuts. Kevin is a big fan of Man. v. Food on the travel channel and we had seen an episode not too far back where Adam Richmond visits this donut shop and eats their gigantic donut that is 5 pounds, or something ridiculous like that. So in we went in to the huge line with all of our baby stuff in-tow thinking that we would enjoy our donuts inside the restaurant, only to find that this was a place-your-order, and take-your-stuff-to-go kind of place. The donuts were well worth the drive back up the freeway though. I highly recommend!

In the afternoon we went for a quick visit to our friends Amy and John's house to catch up, see their two girls, and the three new foster kids they have just taken in. Can you say full house?! It was a great, but short visit, complete with some take-out from Chuy's. Although we now have a Chuy's in Fort Worth, I was super glad to partake of it in Austin, as we usually do when we go down there.

Saturday night, we went walking around SoCo area for a bit, went to the market, and then went home and Sean grilled up some burgers and corn. We ended the night playing Scrabble and Sorry! and drinking and laughing really, really hard.

Sunday, Reese decided to get up at 5:20 a.m., which is actually becoming more commonplace these days. I had a horrible headache, so Kevin got up with her for a while, and I fell back asleep. Around 7:30 I was up for good, and I relieved Kevin and he went back to lay down. Reese was being so fussy and I just couldn't get her to calm down! (Sean and Jess are still asleep...oh to be yound and childless...) Finally, around 9, I grabbed my keys, put Reese in the car, and drove. For a good 30 minutes. She was finally asleep, and stayed asleep for another short bit after I got back to the house. In hindsight, I'm thinking that she might have been in some pain since her other top two teeth have just poked through in the last few days. She definitely wasn't her usual sweet-self during the weekend, and I hope it was just the teeth and not a sign of things to come. Only time will tell, though.

This weekend, I am out of town for work, while Kevin and Reese hang out together. Hopefully she will be sweet, and he won't resent me for leaving him alone with her. I hate being away from them for the weekend, but I am not-so-secretly excited that I won't have any 5:20 wake-up-calls, at least for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment