They come in all sizes. They pop up every day, even in the smallest form. We are used to being disappointed and hopefully are able to shrug them off and look at the brighter side of things. The last two weeks have been hard for me. Just gonna admit it. Last week we had a ton of snow and ice and I ended up being stuck at home with Reese for four days. Four. Days. Stuck inside with an ancy pre-toddler. Reese is not walking yet, but getting into everything, so I have to constantly watch her. It is a bit exhausting. By Friday, we got a fresh batch of snow, but we had cabin fever pretty bad, so we ventured to the mall for a small change of scenery, if only for a few hours.
The four days of missed school also meant four days of missed musical rehearsals for our show that opens in one week. So Saturday we had a practice at someone's home, and it was a mess. We were starting to worry about this show, big time.
Monday was back to work, and you would think that the kids would be rested and a bit ready to get back to work. Nope. They were a unruly as ever, and quite frustrating to deal with. To top off my growing frustration, my school higher-ups told me that I could not go to TMEA Convention that I go to every year, and that I had been planning on for months. I was VERY upset by this, and lost my cool a bit in front of my boss. To say I needed a few days away from work and being a mom and wife, was the understatement of the year, and I could no longer go. This has been the biggest disappointment I've had a in a while. I had been so excited to bunk up with my bud, Bridget; cheer on my college pal and her honor choir, and see one of my most favorite musical acts of all time.
Then, we got hit with more snow and ice on Wednesday, and school was canceled again. Kevin was sick and running fever, so I was once again taking care of Reese for the day, alone. Don't get me wrong, I love her to pieces, and she is such a good baby. But she is tiring. There are many moments that I wish I was staying at home with her permanently, but I get a reality check on days like that.
Anyway, that has been my life as of late. I am looking forward to a date with Kevin tonight, and we are taking advantage of parent's night out at daycare this evening. I am also starting to plan a vacation for us this summer. A nice, relaxing, adult vacation while Reese spends quality time with Mimi and Papa. I guess things are looking up...
No comments:
Post a Comment