Tuesday, January 5, 2010

This and That, and a Happy New Year

So catching up on the blog, I have a little of this and that to share. A hodge podge, if you will. Let's start back in December...
My students sang well in the Winter Choir Concert on the 13th, and I was very happy to have that out of the way. It is much like Christmas day itself: a ton of preparation, and then it is over in an hour. But it was stressing me out for a number of reasons, and I felt the weight lift off my shoulders just in time to start feeling in the Christmas spirit.
Me and the belly, directing one of my choirs.

Kevin and I had put up our tree the Sunday after Thanksgiving as we always do, but we did decorations-light this year. I think I am usually much more gung-ho about decorating and since I was getting bigger and slower by the day, Kev didn't fight me too much about not putting lights out in front. Last year I was on the top of the ladder, weaving twinkle lights in and out of tree branches in a freezing wind, but not this year. It was about all I could do to get the tree and stockings up. But it was enough to make our home more festive.
On my last day of school before the break, I had parties for all my classes, and they totally trashed my room, but hey, I didn't care! It's Christmas break! I decided that I deserved some pampering, so after school, I got my hair cut, and a lovely pedicure. Here is a pic of me that same day. This is probably the only "belly shot" picture that I will post. This was just two 1/2 weeks ago, and I am already so much bigger.
31 weeks baby!
The rest of our break was a bit of a blur, because I know we were super busy, but I just can't remember everything we did! I know I went for my 31-week check up on Monday the 21st and had to take Maddy to the vet that same day for a round of vaccines and a check-up. The next day I ran errands and packed and Wednesday, we were off to Houston to see my family. My parents sold their home a couple months ago and are now living in a small rent house that my dad is going to flip. It was strange to be in such a foreign house. But after all my whining about them selling the house, Christmas still felt just as complete, because we were all together. Here are some pics from our time together.


So here is my dad is his new snuggie. He has been begging for one for months, so I gave in. He tried to force it upon the rest of us, and we wouldn't have any of it. I think he looks like a monk in this picture.


Kevin-opening his stocking

This is Saturday. My brother and his wife came in for the night and we also celebrated Jessie's birthday.

The usual suspects

While in Houston, my mom took me to the resale shop that she volunteers for to shop for some used baby clothes. She got me a ton of stuff for about $30 bucks! Thanks, mom!

On our way home from Houston on Sunday, we went to Dallas to have Christmas with Kevin's parents. We exchanged gifts and had dinner.

Mom-in-law, Joan
new duds for Sara

Maddy was in on the action, too.
Kevin went back to work and I rested for a few days. It was nice to rest, because boy, I am tired these days! We went to a friend's party for new year's eve, and a nice party it was, but man...it is not nearly as fun as you might think-standing for four hours straight and being the only person drinking sprite :) A small price to pay though.
And now, I am back to work. Less than seven weeks to go before our little one makes her arrival. I have been feeling quite scared lately. Of being a mom, labor, having this huge responsibility. But now, I am starting to feel more ready. I am ready to meet her and hold her and ready to not be pregnant anymore! Ready to feel like myself again, but my new, mom-self.

No comments:

Post a Comment