Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What a mess

I have been going home for lunch pretty frequently, so that I can put my feet up and not eat in our school cafeteria, and thankfully I live very close to my work. So when I pull in our garage I am shocked to see that Kevin's workshop area is covered in what I soon find out is insulation. Upon closer inspection as I get out of the car, I realize that the ceiling in his workshop has fallen in, bringing the light fixture, the sheetrock and a TON of insulation down with it. What. A. Mess. Oh-and on top of the huge hole in our workshop, it appears as though a residual crack shot across the rest of the garage, curiously close to the garage door railings. So now, we are afraid to use the garage doors. Ugh!
There is always something going on with our house. We really love our house, but since it is old, we are constantly making small (and sometimes large) repairs, and let's just say that we are on a first-name basis with the people at American Home Shield, as they have made many visits to our house since we moved in 18 months ago. I have been wanting a new dresser for our bedroom for about three months now, but something else always comes up and steals our money. I guess this month will be no different.





Ahhhhh-the joys of home-ownership

No comments:

Post a Comment