So it has been about 48 hours give or take since we brought home our new addition. No, not that kind! A new doggie! Her name is Greta (pictures soon to follow). She is meek and so sweet and pretty. We have not introduced her to Maddy yet. Hopefully that will happen later today. She has some issues that we are going to have to work through. Thankfully I have the summer off to train her.
For starters, she is having a bit of trouble going to the bathroom outside. She has not gone in her crate or in the house thankfully, but she has gone in my car three times now. Gladly, we do not need more any car trips any time soon. I take her outside a hundred times a day, and she just will not go. Hopefully my patience will win out on that one and she will begin to relax.
I took her on a short walk yesterday and some of her personality was starting to show. She is much different from our current dog. They are the same breed, but it is obvious that Greta will never grow to be as large as Maddy. Their personalities are very different, and we will have to learn to accept her as her own Dog-self, and not a Maddy-part-two.
She is also used to being an outside dog with not a lot of human interaction, so that will take time also.
So the adventure is only beginning. I'll keep you posted, and start taking some pictures of her. I have never really trained a dog before, so this should be interesting! Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment