Kev and I loaded up the VW and Maddy and headed for Houston to visit my parents for Easter weekend. Maddy is always fun to take on road trips because I love to watch her hang her head out the window as we go 70 mph and her upper lip waggles in the wind. She loves it! Getting her around my parents dog always gives us a little trepidation. They have been together four times now, and they tolerate each other. There was only one minor incident of growling and scuffling in a moving cloud of dirt at the bottom of the stairs on Saturday night. All parties came out uninjured though.

Big dog in a little back seat; How cute is this?
True to form for me, I got sick on Saturday. It usually happens after some big event at work. I go all year without taking a sick day, and as soon as I let myself relax a bit, some bug gets into my system. Thankfully it was short-lived and I am recovering.
So after a long drive back on Sunday, we are back to a regular work week. One of the main reasons for this post, aside from rambling about my busy week is to give a shout out to my good friend, Leigh. She had the busiest Easter weekend of all, delivering a healthy baby girl on Saturday. Lyren Grace came two weeks early, and I am so happy for Leigh and Tom. Congratulations!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment