To sum-up what's been going on in our lives these last few months, here is the short version:
In June, Reese went to stay with Mimi and Papa and Kevin and I got to take our first adults-only vacation to Cancun. We stayed at a fantastic five-star, all-inclusive resort. It was heavenly. I picked up my first book of the summer, and devoured it within three days. We ate and drank like piglets and were so lazy. It was wonderful. Reese had a great time and was a perfect angel for the grandparents too.
In July, I began rehearsals with my church for our production of The Sound of Music, in which I play a nun. :) The rehearsals continued all through July and August, and we are opening the show this week! Eek! It has been a long process, but I'm glad that I did it. I have made some great friends at church now. At the end of July, I went to my annual TCDA convention and got to spend some good, quality time with a few friends.
August came quickly and school started for me on the 12th. I have now been back to work for a month, and it has gone by so fast. Every year goes just as fast as the one before it. Time is a-flying! Kevin turned 40 last month and my dad turned 60, so we threw a big "100 years" party for them both in Houston at my parent's house. It was a great party. I also put together a party for Kevin here in Fort Worth with his friends at a local restaurant, and that was super fun.
Here we are in September and you are all caught up!
Sometimes I feel like my life is passing before my very eyes. Reese is growing and changing so much every day. The months are passing, and I am definitely showing some signs of aging, including one-said gray hair, that was swiftly removed. Anywho, here are some pics to close out...
Reese swimming at Mimi's
Kevin with some of his High School friends-40th Birthday bash
Cookies I had made for Kevin's 40th
Kevin opening his Mont Blanc pen, from all of us
Dad, Kevin and cousin Cari at the 100 years party
One of Reese's many faces
Us on our vacay
The resort in Cancun
Reese getting some Grandpa-time
No comments:
Post a Comment