Wednesday, November 17, 2010

9 months old

Reese turned nine months old yesterday. She is growing and changing so fast. Her nine month appointment is tomorrow, so I'm not sure on the weight and height but I think she probably weighs close to 19 lbs and is maybe about 28 inches. That's just a guess though. She is crawling really well, and pulling up on everything. She just loves to stand up, and she is very close to being able to sit back down on her own as well, although she still wimpers a bit when she has had enough standing, and needs some help down. I am predicting that she will be comfortably cruising the furniture by 10 months.

She is at the tail-end of her third course of antibiotics for her third eat infection since August. She seems to be doing great now, although Kevin and I have been sick for the last few weeks. We all just keep passing it back and forth. Hopefully we will ALL be well very soon.

Last night we watched her crawl right over to an electrical outlet in our living room, and promptly decided to start babyproofing the house. At least that outlet anyway. She then examined the outlet covers and tried to pull at them, but they wouldn't budge, thankfully.

She is also clapping her hands together a lot. She learned this skill about a month ago, but she is doing it with much more frequency now. She is eating stage 3 foods and I am trying my darndest to get her to feed herself with some finger foods, but she is not quite there yet. Has two teeth on the bottom and one coming in on the top.

I regret to admit that I finally had to buy my first can of formula about two weeks ago. I am still nursing her, and will until she is a year, if she will let me, but I just couldn't keep up with her bottles for daycare. I felt guilty and sad about having to do it at first, but also, felt some relief, knowing that, as my frozen stock of milk was dwindling, that she would still have enough to eat at daycare. She took right to the formula, and for that I am grateful. She only gets a couple of formula bottles a week, but it is helping , especially on the Saturdays that I have to be away from all day long....

Well I will let y'all know what the doc says tomorrow at her check-up. Here are some recent pics of her, doin' her thang...
Won't be too long before she outgrows this carseat.
Crusing on mom, aka "the human jungle-gym"
We spend most of our time playing on the floor these days
This is her signature "lean-my-head-to-the-side-and-flirt" pose

No comments:

Post a Comment