On Friday evening, Kevin and I took Reese to eat at Red Robin and then went to Nordstrom to check out their big sale. Kevin bought a dress shirt, that I now have to take back, because it's too small, plus a t-shirt and two neck ties, one of which he has already returned. I bought a cute sleeveless dress and a pair of white cargo capris.
On Saturday, I packed up some stuff for me and Reese to change in to for a baby shower later in the day, and we all headed to Irving to see Kevin's brother Fritz who was in town to see his daughter, Morgan, compete in the U.S. Open for Synchronized swimming. I said a very quick hello, before heading back to my in-laws house to change Reese and myself for the baby shower. We were already so late, and by the time I got there, fed Reese, and changed us both, I had already started sweating in my cute new dress from Nordstrom. I'm telling you...hot hot hot. The shower was a good 45 minutes away, and we were a bit late. No biggie though. We enjoyed seeing my friend, Angie, who is about to welcome a little girl. Unfortunately, Reese didn't nap in the car on the way there, as I thought she would, and she became very cranky and fussy pretty soon after arriving. I spent most of the shower walking around with her, trying to get her to stop fussing. Ugh. Anyway, after presents and cake, we left to head back to the pool, to hopefully catch Morgan's team perform. Did I mention she is on the U.S. National Synchro-swim team?? We are pretty proud. I flew back to the pool in Irving, and walked in just after they had performed. Grrrr! Anyway, Kevin had been sitting outside all day, and was melting on the bleachers. I hung out with Fritz for a bit and visited briefly with Phillip, Kevin's other brother, and my father-in-law. My two-layers of polyester-dress is all but dripping at this point. It was a long, and slightly stressful day, given the heat, and how much driving I had done. Morgan's team did great, but I unfortunately didn't get any pictures of her. The few times we got to see her, she was always with her teammates, and they were very focused and not allowed to stop and visit with us.
Yesterday, we drove to the Gaylord in Grapevine for one last visit with Fritz before his plane took off. The Gaylord was having some sort of Alice in Wonderland theme, and we got some cute shots of Fritz with Reese and the Cheshire Cat.
After breakfast at the Gaylord, Kevin and I weren't quite ready to go home to we went to the Grapevine Mills outlet mall and walked around. I was wearing my new white capris, and some very un-mall-friendly shoes. At a certain point, I realized that it was time for Reese to eat, so I nursed her inside a dressing room at the Gap, and then we headed to Neiman's last call. I was hoping to run across a fabulous Tory Burch handbag, for say... $30, but that was not to be (or will ever be). Instead, as we walked in, Reese spit up half of her lunch on my chest, most of which pooled inside my bra. Nice!! I handed her to Kev and then spent several minutes in the ladies room trying to clean myself out. It was then that I noticed, much to my shagrin, that the white capris I had just bought, were a size larger than what I intended to buy. This makes me very upset, more so because they fit me pretty well, and I was wishing that I was back to my pre-pregnancy size already.
Finally back home yesterday afternoon, I did some laundry, made some banana bread, and got some steaks ready to grill. Reese has finally taken to actually eating the rice cereal as well as a small amount of applesauce. Even though it means she is growing way too fast, it is still pretty exciting to see her move on to each new milestone. She is so close to sitting on her own, although she still needs a little help. I even bought her a couple of cute things at the mall in 9- and 12-month sizes. Eeshk!
No comments:
Post a Comment